One of the main issues facing drivers is to be stuck with a dead car battery , especially in the winter season. To face these issues , car jump starters were introduced to better serve drivers when it comes to jumping dead car batteries. With a lot of features based on modern technology, those car jump starters would help a lot. For more details, feel free to read our full review and guide on the 3 best car jump starters.
Top 3 pick
- 1 Top 3 pick
- 2 The 3 Best Car Jump Starters
- 3 Best Value : GOOLOO 1200A Jump Starter
- 4 Honorable Mention : TrekPow G22 1500A Car Jump Starter
- 5 Jump Start Your Car : How Many Amps You Will Need?
- 6 Using Portable Car Jump Starters To Restart A Car
- 7 How Can I Know If My Car Battery Is Dead
- 8 Final Words
The 3 Best Car Jump Starters
Our Pick : NOCO Boost HD GB150 Car Battery Jump Starter
For many car owners, this portable car jump starter is exactly what they need to bring life to their dead battery . Compact, but powerful, this jump starter is rated at 1000 amps and offers up to 20 single charges. You can safely use the first starter in cars with petrol engines up to 6 liters and diesel engines up to 3 liters.
Safety is very important when it comes to jumping your car, and this device covers you. In addition, you can use this daily charging starter as a portable battery bank, to charge your USB devices easily. A seven-way integrated LED flashlight with seven modes may not detect normal use, but it is best to have it in an emergency.
Firmness is another important factor to consider. This portable jump starter checks all the appropriate boxes in the door. It is safe to use in any weather, due to its high-yielding lithium technology, while the rough, water-resistant surface is rated at IP65. Outside, there is a rubber upper cylinder made of rubber that helps prevent scratches and damage to the surface.
For More Tutorials on how to use NOCO Boost HD GB150 Car Battery Jump Starter
Best Value : GOOLOO 1200A Jump Starter
Another star-style jump-starter is from GOOLOO, offering 800 high-power amps, ready to start up to 7.0 liter petrol engines and up to 5.5 liters of diesel engines. This product is designed for use in automotive, automotive, martial arts, ATVs, UTVs, lawn mowers , and even boats. Two USB ports are included in this product, including one USB 3.0 port port.
Equipped with smart jumper straps, this device , with an 18-month warranty , is safe to use due to features such as extreme protection, over-protection, over-power protection and high temperature protection. Like other similar connecting jump starters ,GOOLOO 20800mAh also has an integrated LED lamp with three modes: flashlight, strobe light, and SOS light
For More Tutorials on how to use GOOLOO 1200A Car Jump Starters
Honorable Mention : TrekPow G22 1500A Car Jump Starter
This car portable jump starter is a clear winner when it comes to ease of use. While the manual can be confusing to follow, it is very easy to find as long as you find the plugs connected to the correct ball before sending electricity to your car.
For More Tutorials on how to use TrekPow G22 1500A Car Jump Starters
Jump Start Your Car : How Many Amps You Will Need?
Portable jump starters have a variety of specifications that can be tricky to find the right fit for your car. What you need to know is that the jumping start power is usually reflected in amp cranking amps (CCA) or peak amps (PA). To measure CCA, a fully charged battery is placed in a cool place – 0 ° F – and is determined by the amount of amps it produces in 30 seconds. This figure describes what to expect from the battery in the worst case scenario.
It is true that when provided with more starter amps, there is greater power. But does that mean you should buy the most powerful product? Not really.
The key is to determine how much power you need in your car. Combined cars or small sedans can be started with a small 150 CCA, while full size trucks and SUVs require 450 CCA. But there are other factors to consider, such as engine size and age. Larger engines and older cars will need more amps to jump at first, which is why you’ll usually see powerful advertising starters advertised as being able to start big engines like 8.0L. Generally, the 400-500 CCA is enough to jump start most cars.
Keep in mind that there may be times when you need to help avoid jumping over someone else’s car. Most of the products on this list will include any passenger car on the road today, but it never hurts to have something super powerful that you have, if you are willing to spend that extra money.
Using Portable Car Jump Starters To Restart A Car
Everyone should know how to jump off a dead car battery – it’s just a useful life skill you should have. Knowing how to jump a car will save you time and money so you do not need a tow truck. While most people will wander down a passerby or call a friend to help you jump, drivers can save more time and do it themselves if they have a tangible portable car jump starter in their vehicle all the time.
But if that’s not an option, here’s an easy guide on jump safely to start your car in the traditional way.
How Can I Know If My Car Battery Is Dead
Before arming yourself with start-up skills, it is important to find out if the battery is the reason why a car cannot start. If you turn on the ignition and the engine makes a squeaking noise, a dead battery is not a problem and the start of the jump will be a futile exercise. On the other hand, if the car is completely dead when you unlock the key and there is no noise, then it is very likely that you have a dead battery in your car and blow it up — starting is probably the only thing you can do.
The Best Way To Jump a Car Battery
- Park the working car in such a way that both cars are facing each other, preferably separated by only 1.5 feet , but never touch each other. Most importantly, park the automatic transmission vehicles, while setting up the transmission yourself manually.
- Make sure you apply the parking brakes on both vehicles, so none of them go unnoticed.
- Both vehicles must be switched off, locked and unlocked.
- Place the jumper cables on the road / floor, while making sure the straps do not touch / collide.
- Open the hood for both cars, then find the batteries (touch owner’s manual to find the exact location), and battery terminals. Normally, two terminals on the appropriate batteries will be red or black with a code, indicating a negative “-” and a positive “+” value.
- It is important to pinpoint both sides in order to successfully jump the car. Also, if the battery terminals are bad, wipe with a brush or phone rag.
- Attach the red (direct) cable to the end of the (+) dead battery. You need to attach it tightly to the battery storage compartment, which may require bandwidth roaming.
- Now attach the red (good) cable to the other side of the jumper wires to the battery compartment of the working car (+).
- Then connect the black (bad) cable to the active battery (-) of the battery.
- Now move to an unhealthy car Remember, do not attach a black (bad) battery to a dead battery, instead attach that cable to the metal part of the car, unpainted as a light, clean screw on the car engine block. It will help ensure a safe escape of the vehicle.
- Start the first car.
- Wait a minute or two. Depending on the age of your battery, and how long it has been in use, you need to let the car run for a few minutes to allow the jump to run.
- Now try to start the other car. If the car does not start, allow the first car to charge the battery for a few more minutes before trying again. A few times, a slight refurbishment of a working car engine while charging an unhealthy battery may help.
- When the car is no longer working, you can start cutting the jumper wires, starting with a black (bad) wire. However, do not allow the ties to touch each other while any part of the jumper cables is connected to the car.
- Now, go drive. It will enable the battery to build a charger. Also, the drive will allow the car alternator to charge the battery and ensure that your battery will not run out of power when you turn off the engine.
As we mentioned above, there is a variety of choices when it comes to choosing your best car jump starters. We made our review based on quality ,performance and other key features to help you make the right choice.